Now more than ever, regions across the country are competing for companies, jobs and talent. For Lawrence and Douglas County to succeed in this environment, we must ensure our businesses, government entities and universities continue to collaborate on economic development initiatives. The EDC of Lawrence & Douglas County is crucial to this collaboration.
Dr. Douglas Girod
University of Kansas
Looking to relocate? Lawrence and Douglas County are a great place to look. Come visit, tell us about your needs, get a taste of our culture, and see why people love to call our community home.
Recruiting businesses is highly competitive, and we know it. So let us show you why Lawrence and Douglas County should be at the top of your list. We’d be happy to give you a customized familiarization tour of our community, showcasing highlights directly related to your company’s needs. We provide a personal approach and pride ourselves on building relationships with companies, and connecting them to local, state, and regional governments and organizations. And we know it’s not all about work, which is why you’ll also get to see what living in our community is like, featuring big city amenities with a small town feel.
How We Can Help:
- Customized familiarization tours of our area
- Personal approach focused on relationships
- Connections at the local, regional, and state level
- Contacts with local entities, like the City of Lawrence, Douglas County, the University of Kansas, Peaslee Tech, entrepreneurs, supplies, and complementary businesses, among many others
- Local data and information about the business climate
- Assistance navigating potential incentive packages at the local, state, and federal level
Land & Incentive Highlights:
- Available land at Lawrence VenturePark
- Spec building space at Lawrence VenturePark
- Catalyst Incentive Program with the City of Lawrence
- Two Opportunity Zones
785-865-4411 Email Us
EDC of Lawrence & Douglas County
718 New Hampshire St. Lawrence, KS 66044