DOING BUSINESS HERE
Number of jobs created in 2017 by three companies receiving incentives from the City of Lawrence
Incentives & funding
The success of businesses is important to the overall well-being of our region.
That’s why we make every effort to make it easy for companies to connect with the resources they need to grow their businesses.
Here are a few of the resources and organizations that we access routinely as we assist businesses with location and expansion projects in our region.
- City of Lawrence
- Douglas County, Kansas
- University of Kansas Small Business Development Center
- KCADC – Kansas City Area Development Council
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Kansas Research Nexus
- Kansas Workforce Development
Whether you are considering locating to the Lawrence area or are an existing business on the verge of a growth spurt, we are your partner every step of the way. Contact us. We’re here to help.
The Catalyst Program
The Catalyst program is a special, temporary incentive program for new industrial projects meeting certain minimum criteria that locate within Lawrence, Kansas.
Spec development or full build-out projects meeting Catalyst eligibility criteria are automatically qualified for the basic assistance package. Project participation is granted directly through the City Commission for quick, streamlined approval processing.
Catalyst Business Park Assistance for new industrial projects locating within either Lawrence VenturePark or East Hills Business Park. The assistance package includes:
- 10-Year real property tax abatement: 50%; 70% if project built to LEED Silver equivalent (certification not required)
- IRB sales tax exemption on project construction materials
- City/County owned business park land provided at no cost for projects located in Lawrence Venture Park or East Hills Business Park
- State provided personal property tax exemption (machinery/equipment)
- City application fees and City IRB bond origination fees waived.
This temporary assistance program will sunset April 1, 2022.
Get more information on the City of Lawrence’s website by clicking here.
785-865-4411 Email Us
EDC of Lawrence & Douglas County
718 New Hampshire St. Lawrence, KS 66044