Lawrence and Douglas County will have the region’s top performing economy and be recognized as the best place to live, learn, play, work, and do business.
Provide leadership and advocacy to the community in order to achieve job and wage growth, workforce development, an expanded tax base, and economic prosperity for the citizens of Lawrence and Douglas County.
See the 2017-2018 Community Economic Development Strategic Plan here.
- In-depth analysis of the region’s available workforce
- Assistance in identifying and accessing available incentives
- Current demographic information
- Liaison services with local government agencies
- Personal tours of the region and available locations
Locations and Directions
Douglas County is located in Northeastern Kansas. The county’s largest city, Lawrence, is just 30 minutes southwest of Kansas City.Learn More